The Gippsland Women’s Network exisits to:
- broaden community networks and encourage women to become more involved in all aspects of the community including community projects, workshops, agriculture, business, health and eduction;
- assist women to develop self-esteem, realise their full potential and learn new skills through training, workshops and seminars;
- provide an avenue for greater involvement of women in tourism, employment opportunities, government and the environment;
- encourage creativity and capacity amongst women to inspire participation, development and sustainability of strong communities;
- empower women to lobby for themselves, their families and their communities and to have their voices heard;
- mentor and encourage women to embark on new ventures and establish new businesses;
- participate in and share with networks with similar purposes regionally, nationally and globally.